Please click on the links below to view the kindergarten brochure.
- Reading: attend and respond to quality literature read orally
- Writing: use letters to symbolize words using the 6 Traits of Writing Philosophy
- Listening: listen to others without interrupting
- Speaking: express thoughts and ideas in complete sentences
- Convention/Structure: understand that letters make up words, and that words can be either printed or spoken
- Number sense: Begin to understand our number system by identifying numerals; by counting; and by grouping
- Geometry: Identify, sort, and draw shapes
- Measurement: Explore measurement of length using unifix cubes; compare volumes; identify first, next and last
- Operations and computation: Use objects to add and subtract
- Patterns and relationships: Recognize and create patterns
- Probability and statistics: Sort objects; make and interpret graphs
- Content: study individuals and families
- Skills: develop self-awareness; develop respect for others
Science & Health
- Content: participate in hands-on activities in the following areas:
- Astronomy: earth, moon, sun, and stars
- Earth Science: ecology
- Health: getting to know myself
- Life Science: seeds to plants
- Physical Science: water explorations
- collect and record data
- draw conclusions
- Locomotor: Demonstrate run, gallop, hop, accent, and communication.
- Object Control: Demonstrate push/pull object, underhand roll.
- Physical Fitness: Develop flexibility.
- Social Skills: Following directions and sharing.
- Body Management: Identify body parts, body actions, body planes, use of space, personal space, and general space.