Our mission is to prepare each student to be successful academically, mentally, and emotionally for all chapters of his/her life. Every staff member will work collaboratively to ensure ALL students succeed.
The health policies listed below are recommended by the DuPage County Health Department and are followed at Brookdale Elementary School to maintain a safe and healthy school environment:
- If your child is running a fever, the health department recommends the child’s temperature be normal (98.6 F) for 24 hours before returning to school.
- Do not send your child to school with a consistent cough or runny nose, as this infects other children.
- Keep children home for 24 hours after vomiting and flu symptoms subside. This helps to ensure a healthy reentry into the classroom.
- Please report all cases of strep throat and strep-related infections to the school nurse or health aide.
Our Millenium Bell
This bell and tower are symbols of the energy and spirit encompassed by the community of Brookdale. It serves as a constant reminder that each of us can create our own history.
In the fall of 1998, the Brookdale community decided to commemorate the new millenium with a bell...a symbol of schools everywhere. This bell would become a touchstone for present and future generations. Funds for the bell and tower were raised through the efforts of many. Students contributed their pennies and other spare change. The school, the staff, and the Brookdale PTA provided generous funds to assure the viability of this project. They, along with parents, families and other community members purchased engraved bricks to commemorate the millenium.
The bell originally cast in St. Louis in 1907 was refurbished by the Verdin Company in Cincinnati, Ohio. The bell and tower were officially dedicated on August 25, 1999.
The bell is inscribed with the following:
"May the Sounds of Our Children Always Ring in the Air"
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO PHONE IN YOUR CHILD'S ABSENCE.
Parents are required to call each day when their child is absent from school. An attempt will be made to make a follow-up call to the parents of absent children who have not been reported by the parent.
We have an answering maching for attendance operating 24 hours a day. Please call 630-428-6810 each day that your child is absent. Our telephone starts getting very busy at 8:00 a.m., so if you know that your child will be absent, please call as early as possible. We should receive your call before 9:00 a.m. After the message and the tone, please provide the following information:
1. Child's name(please spell last name)
2. Reason for absence
3. Teacher's name
4. Your name and relationship to child