Principal Update July 18, 2017
Here is the latest update from a sleepy and empty Brookdale School:
SUMMER OFFICE HOURS
At this time, our office hours are Monday through Thursday from 9:00am to 12:00pm and 1:00pm to 3:00pm. If you need to come by the school office during the summer, please call before coming as we do take an occasional vacation day.
WEED CONTROL APPLICATION
On Friday, July 21st, the District's Buildings and Grounds will be applying an application to control weeds to all hard areas (sidewalks, etc) and mulch areas. Please see the attached notice for more information.
REGISTRATION FOR 2017-18 SCHOOL YEAR
There are still some families that need to complete the registration process. There are three potential steps for registration:
• You need to access Home Access Center to update your child's information online.
• Some parents need to verify residency. A letter was sent via US Post Office to indicate if you need to do this step.
• If you have a lease that expires prior to the first day of school (August 23, 2017), we will need a new copy of the lease. This is for all leased properties, even if you received a letter that your address was verified.
• Bring in the completed white health card, necessary health forms (if applicable) and pay for school fees.
If you need help or have questions in completing any of the registration process, please contact Mrs. Minch or Mrs. Yep. They would be excited to assist you!
DUPAGE COUNTY'S BACK TO SCHOOL FAIR
We are happy to announce the 27th Annual Back to School Fair for DuPage County. Catholic Charities sponsors this fair which will be located at St. Francis High School in Wheaton on Wednesday, August 2nd from 11:00am to 6:00pm. Please see the attached flyer for more information.
KINDERGARTEN DISTRICT PREVIEW DAY
All future Kindergarten students and families are invited to our Annual Kindergarten Preview Day on August 16, 2017 from 9 am to 12:00 pm and again from 1:30 pm to 4:00 pm at Still Middle School. Please come and be a part of this exciting day! It is an open house so come when it's most convenient for you. Stop by the various booths and meet staff who will be ready to answer any questions you might have about beginning Kindergarten or the district. Please see the attached flyer for more specific information.
DATES TO REMEMBER:
• Monday, August 14, 2017 - Summer Check Out in the LMC - 9:30am to 11:00am
• Wednesday, August 16, 2017 - Annual IPSD Kindergarten Preview Day at Still Middle School - 9:00am to 12:00pm and 1:30pm to 4:00pm
• Wednesday, August 16, 2017 - Class Teacher Assignments posted to Home Access Center - 4:00pm
• Monday, August 21, 2017 - Meet and Greet - 9:00am to 10:00am
• Monday, August 21, 2017 - Ice Cream Social (on playground) - 9:30am to 10:30am
• Thursday, August 24, 2017 - First Day of School for First through Fifth Grade Students - 9:05am to 3:35pm
• Friday, August 25, 2017 - First Day of School for Kindergarten - 9:05am to 3:35pm
District Kindergarten Preview (
IPM Notice Weed Control Hard Surface Areas (
BTSF Flyers in English and Spanish (