Principal Update June 22, 2020
DATE June 22, 2020
DID YOU KNOW??
This will be my last update as the Principal of Brookdale. It is a bittersweet feeling to be leaving Brookdale and heading over to White Eagle. I have learned and grew as an administrator and educator with all of the staff, families and students these past eight years. What I have learned by challenging myself, taking risks and making mistakes has made me a stronger leader. And that is thanks to all of you! I wish I could say Good-bye in person but please know, I truly still believe Brookdale is the BEST SCHOOL IN ILLINOIS!
Mrs. Keeley Schmid will take over as Brookdale's Principal on Wednesday, July 1, 2020 and will share future updates as necessary. You will all LOVE her!
HAPPENINGS AT BROOKDALE:
• Registration is in full swing. If you have not registered your child, please do so as soon as possible by clicking this link. This will take you to the Online Registration page of IPSD 204 website. For those families concerned with how school will start, there is a section that allows you to share how you feel about starting in school should schools open. However, in order to plan accordingly, we do need to know which students to account for in order to determine staffing and programming. In addition, with moving to our new school system Synergy, there have been some complications and delays. Please know that is you put in a help desk ticket to email@example.com, the team will respond. We are working through the system but each day is showing improvements and promise :)
• At this time, the school building is still closed. However, Mrs. Howicz/Mrs. Schmid and Mrs. Minch continue to work remotely. Please feel free to contact us at any time with any questions or needs for assistance. Please know, our summer hours are Monday through Thursday from 9:00am to 3:00pm.
• The school district will continue to provide two meals a day to any family who needs assistance. The meals are grab and go breakfast and lunch for families at no cost for families each morning at the elementary school in their neighborhood. You can pick up your meals near door 1 between 11 am and 1 pm each day. For planning purposes, please let us know how many days you will be picking up a meal this week by completing this form today.
• Please check emails regularly for updates on school programs, special events and how the beginning of the school year will look. As we are able to plan, we will share dates for beginning of year events such as Meet and Greet, Supply pick-up, Curriculum Night and all PTA events typically held during the school year.
• Follow Brookdale School @BrookdaleBobcat and Brookdale LMC @brookdalelmc on Twitter . We use #Brookdalepride to show all the fun and cool things going on at Brookdale Elementary and the community!
• Thursday, August 20 - First day of school for First through Fifth Grade Students - 9:05am to 3:35pm
• Thursday, August 20 - KDG Orientation for parents & students by appointment (more information to come late July) - 45 minute appointments from 9:30am to 11:30am and 1:00pm to 3:00pm
• Friday, August 21 - First day of school for Kindergarten Students - 9:05am to 3:35pm