Principal Update May 31, 2020
DATE May 31, 2020
DID YOU KNOW??
The district is moving their online student system beginning May 29th. Parents will no longer have access to Home Access Center. Beginning Monday, June 8th at 9:00am, parents will access the new system to view 2019-20 Report cards as well as registration information. Information about the new student information system, accessing report cards and parent logins will be provided in an upcoming email from the district.
HAPPENINGS AT BROOKDALE:
• PTA is extending the sale of Supply Kits through June 14, 2020. Purchased school supply kits will be delivered directly to your child’s classroom before the first day of school. For questions, please contact the Chairperson Laurie Trinko at email@example.com. Copy and paste the following link to order:
• At this time, the school building is still closed. However, Mrs. Howicz and Mrs. Minch continue to work remotely. Please feel free to contact us at any time with any questions or needs for assistance. Please know, our summer hours are Monday through Thursday from 9:00am to 3:00pm.
• The school district will continue to provide two meals a day to any family who needs assistance. The meals are grab and go breakfast and lunch for families at no cost for families each morning at the elementary school in their neighborhood. You can pick up your meals near door 1 between 11 am and 1 pm each day. For planning purposes, please let us know how many days you will be picking up a meal this week by completing this form today.
• Please check emails regularly for updates on school programs, special events and how the beginning of the school year will look. As we are able to plan, we will share dates for beginning of year events such as Meet and Greet, Supply pick-up, Curriculum Night and all PTA events typically held during the school year.
• Follow Brookdale School @BrookdaleBobcat and Brookdale LMC @brookdalelmc on Twitter . We use #Brookdalepride to show all the fun and cool things going on at Brookdale Elementary and the community!
• Sunday, June 14 - Online Graduation Ceremony for our MVHS Graduates
• Thursday, August 20 - First day of school for First through Fifth Grade Students - 9:05am to 3:35pm
• Thursday, August 20 - KDG Orientation for parents & students by appointment (more information to come late July) - 45 minute appointments from 9:30am to 11:30am and 1:00pm to 3:00pm
• Friday, August 21 - First day of school for Kindergarten Students - 9:05am to 3:35pm