Principal Update May 21, 2020
DATE May 21, 2020
Here is what you need to know for Brookdale Elementary at this time:
• VIRTUAL FIELD DAY: As a school, we will celebrate our virtual Field Day on Friday, May 22. Mr. Tabisz and Mrs. Furstenau has created many activities that the whole family can do ALL WEEKEND to celebrate. Please know our Field Day will take place in lieu of our typical Remote Learning (just like when we are at school :). Teachers will be participated in the activities with their families as well! Information will be sent out through a link by your child's teacher. Enjoy!
• STUDENT BELONGINGS PICK-UP: Thank you to all who came to get their student's belongings. We did the best we could to make it a smooth process. If you were unable to come to pick up the belongings and have NOT communicated with Mrs. Howicz by May 29, 2020, these items will be donated.
• PTA SCHOOL SUPPLY KITS: Interested in ordering your student(s) a school supply kit for the 2020-21 school year? All school supply kits will be delivered directly to your child’s classroom before the first day of school. The cut off date for orders will be 5/29. For questions, please contact the Chairperson Laurie Trinko at firstname.lastname@example.org. Copy and paste the following link to order:
• PARENT INPUT FORMS: Please feel free to use the attached Parent Input Form to share input on what type of teacher or environment your child requires to learn best. Please know that any form that is returned with a request for a specific teacher will be denied and returned. As we make classroom lists for next school year, we will refer to these input forms and do our best to meet the needs as suggested. No form will be accepted after Friday, June 5, 2020.
• REMOTE LEARNING: The last day for Remote Learning will be Wednesday, May 27th. Teachers will use Thursday, May 28th to help plan for next year and completing end of the year paperwork.
• YEARBOOK UPDATE: HR Imaging is able to reopen on Monday, May 11, 2020. Our PTA Yearbook Chair is in contact with HR Imaging to determine when we can expect to get our Yearbooks. As soon as we know more information, we will definitely share with our community.
• MEALS AVAILABLE: This week only, Organic Life will serve lunch on Tuesday, May 19th and have families take 6 meals per child to go through the holiday weekend. On Tuesday, May 26th, daily curbside pick-up of grab and go breakfast and lunch will resume. Please know these meals will continue throughout the summer months as well.
These meals are free to those families in need. The pickup locations are at each elementary school near door 1, between 11 am and 1 pm, Monday through Friday. If your family needs meals, let us know by completing this form. You may go to ANY elementary building to get these meals. If you would like to get these meals but cannot get there yourself, we have several families willing to assist and pick up/deliver your meals for your family. Please email Mrs. Howicz and she will arrange these deliveries.
• ASSISTANCE FOR FAMILIES/STUDENTS: Please feel free to reach out to Mrs. Howicz, Mrs. Stepper or your classroom teacher if your family needs any assistance. We can either provide assistance through the district or give you ways to access resources from the community. We are here for you!
• KINDERGARTEN PRE-REGISTRATION: If you have a student who is ready for Kindergarten next year or have a neighbor, friend or family member who has a child ready for Kindergarten, please complete the form through this link for pre-registration. Please share this Remote KDG Preview Presentation for any parents who are asking for more information.
Missing you more than you know!
Kindergarten Letter - English (
Parent Form For Class Placement (