Principal Update May 18, 2020
DATE May 18, 2020
Here is what you need to know for Brookdale Elementary at this time:
• STUDENT BELONGINGS PICK-UP: On Wednesday, May 20th, families are asked to come to Brookdale at the assigned times to pick up their child(ren)'s belongings. If you are unable to come on this date, please check with family and friends to see if they can pick up for you or contact Mrs. Howicz for additional arrangements. Please know any belongings unclaimed by Friday, May 29th will be donated (unless parents contacted Mrs. howicz). You can find additional information for this procedure by clicking here.
• REMOTE LEARNING: The last day for Remote Learning will be Wednesday, May 27th. Teachers will use Thursday, May 28th to help plan for next year and completing end of the year paperwork.
• YEARBOOK UPDATE: HR Imaging is able to reopen on Monday, May 11, 2020. Our PTA Yearbook Chair is in contact with HR Imaging to determine when we can expect to get our Yearbooks. As soon as we know more information, we will definitely share with our community.
• MEALS AVAILABLE: This week only, Organic Life will serve lunch on Tuesday, May 19th and have families take 6 meals per child to go through the holiday weekend. On Tuesday, May 26th, daily curbside pick-up of grab and go breakfast and lunch will resume. Please know these meals will continue throughout the summer months as well.
These meals are free to those families in need. The pickup locations are at each elementary school near door 1, between 11 am and 1 pm, Monday through Friday. If your family needs meals, let us know by completing this form. You may go to ANY elementary building to get these meals. If you would like to get these meals but cannot get there yourself, we have several families willing to assist and pick up/deliver your meals for your family. Please email Mrs. Howicz and she will arrange these deliveries.
• ASSISTANCE FOR FAMILIES/STUDENTS: Please feel free to reach out to Mrs. Howicz, Mrs. Stepper or your classroom teacher if your family needs any assistance. We can either provide assistance through the district or give you ways to access resources from the community. We are here for you!
• KINDERGARTEN PRE-REGISTRATION: If you have a student who is ready for Kindergarten next year or have a neighbor, friend or family member who has a child ready for Kindergarten, please complete the form through this link for pre-registration. Please share this Remote KDG Preview Presentation for any parents who are asking for more information.
• SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWING: Follow Brookdale School - the Home Version - @BobcatsAtHome on Twitter. Watch Mrs. Furstenau read a book live every week day at 10:00am on the Brookdale Elementary PTA Facebook page.
Missing you more than you know!
Kindergarten Letter - English (