Principal Update May 10, 2020
DATE May 10, 2020
First of all, Happy Mother’s Day to all of our wonderful Brookdale Elementary moms! You totally deserve to be celebrated this year!!!
Here is what you need to know for Brookdale Elementary at this time:
• REMOTE LEARNING: Classroom Teachers will continue to send the Remote Learning plan via email each day and will include links for other support and special staff. At this time, we want to support families where they are at. If you or your child need a break or are struggling, please know it's okay to take a day off or a break. Let us know how we can help and support you! There will be a Remote Learning Plan Day this Wednesday, May 13th. There will be NO REMOTE LEARNING on this day. Also, please know the last day for Remote Learning will be Wednesday, May 27th. Teachers will use Thursday, May 28th to help plan for next year and completing end of the year paperwork.
• YEARBOOK UPDATE: HR Imaging is able to reopen on Monday, May 11, 2020. Our PTA Yearbook Chair is in contact with HR Imaging to determine when we can expect to get our Yearbooks. As soon as we know more information, we will definitely share with our community.
• INTENT TO RETURN: On Wednesday, May 6, 2020, parents should have received an email survey from the District indicating their Intent to Return. By completing this survey, we have a better idea of how many students we will have in 20-21 and help determine adequate staffing for Brookdale Elementary. Reminder messages will be sent to parents who have not completed this survey through Wednesday, May 13, 2020. This is needed as we are beginning to make decisions about next year and cannot wait until registration opens on June 8, 2020 with our new Synergy Student System.
• MEALS AVAILABLE: Organic Life is offering curbside pick-up of grab and go breakfast and lunch at no cost for all students. The pickup locations are at each elementary school near door 1, between 11 am and 1 pm, Monday through Friday. If your family needs meals, let us know by completing this form.. You may go to ANY elementary building to get these meals. If you would like to get these meals but cannot get there yourself, we have several families willing to assist and pick up/deliver your meals for your family. Please email Mrs. Howicz and she will arrange these deliveries.
• ASSISTANCE FOR FAMILIES/STUDENTS: Please feel free to reach out to Mrs. Howicz, Mrs. Stepper or your classroom teacher if your family needs any assistance. We can either provide assistance through the district or give you ways to access resources from the community. We are here for you!
• KINDERGARTEN PRE-REGISTRATION: If you have a student who is ready for Kindergarten next year or have a neighbor, friend or family member who has a child ready for Kindergarten, please complete the form through this link for pre-registration. Please share this Remote KDG Preview Presentation for any parents who are +asking for more information.
• SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWING: Follow Brookdale School - the Home Version - @BobcatsAtHome on Twitter. Watch Mrs. Furstenau read a book live every week day at 10:00am on the Brookdale Elementary PTA Facebook page. Missing you more than you know!
Kindergarten Letter - English (