Principal Update April 20, 2020
DATE April 20, 2020
Here is what you need to know for Brookdale Elementary at this time:
• REMOTE LEARNING: As you have heard, Remote Learning will continue through the end of the school year. We are very sad by this news as we miss our students so much! Knowing how difficult it must be for parents to manage their home, their works schedules (remotely or in person) and the Remote Learning of their children, we want to make sure we do all we can to support our families. Attached to this email is a sign we are hoping our Brookdale Families will post in a window to show how hard our Brookdale community is working! If you don't have a printer at home, please let Mrs. Howicz know and she will send it through US mail!
Classroom Teachers will continue to send the Remote Learning plan via email each day and will include links for other support and special staff. At this time, we want to support families where they are at. If you or your child need a break or are struggling, please know it's okay to take a day off or a break. Let us know how we can help and support you!
• REMAINING SCHOOL & PTA EVENTS FOR 19-20 SCHOOL YEAR: The district needed to make a tough decision to cancel all school and PTA events through the remaining school year except High School Graduation and Prom. By following this directive, we will not be able to reschedule any event even to be held during the summer. Please know we are thinking through ideas on how to honor and celebrate our Fifth Grade students as they transition to become Middle Schoolers.
• ARTSONIA: We have exciting news Brookdale families! Now you can upload your own artwork to Artsonia to share with your teacher and family. Use this link to find out more: Classroom Mode Information . We can't wait to see your masterpieces!- Mrs. Siegler & Mrs. Bader
• TECHNOLOGY RESOURCES FOR THOSE IN NEED: Our Technology Services staff compiled a list of resources for free or low-cost Internet access. If your family is experiencing connectivity issues that can’t be met by these resources, please email email@example.com.
• MEALS AVAILABLE: Organic Life is offering curbside pick-up of grab and go breakfast and lunch at no cost for all students. The pickup locations are at each elementary school near door 1, between 11 am and 1 pm, Monday through Friday. If your family needs meals, let us know by completing this form. You may go to ANY elementary building to get these meals. If you would like to get these meals but cannot get there yourself, we have several families willing to assist and pick up/deliver your meals for your family. Please email Mrs. Howicz and she will arrange these deliveries.
• ASSISTANCE FOR FAMILIES/STUDENTS: Please feel free to reach out to Mrs. Howicz, Mrs. Stepper or your classroom teacher if your family needs any assistance. We can either provide assistance through the district or give you ways to access resources from the community. We are here for you!
• KINDERGARTEN PRE-REGISTRATION: If you have a student who is ready for Kindergarten next year or have a neighbor, friend or family member who has a child ready for Kindergarten, please complete the form through this link for pre-registration. Our Kindergarten Preview Night will be rescheduled - date TBD.
• SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWING: Follow Brookdale School - the Home Version - @BobcatsAtHome on Twitter. Watch Mrs. Furstenau read a book live every week day at 10:00am on the Brookdale Elementary PTA Facebook page.
Missing you more than you know!
Kindergarten Letter - English (
Remote Learning Sign (