Principal Update November 3, 2019
DATE November 3, 2019
Did you know??
Parent/Teacher Conferences will be held on Thursday, November 21 from 4:30pm to 8:00pm and Monday, November 25 from 8:00am to 3:00pm and 4:30pm to 8:00pm. Parents are to sign up for conferences through their child(ren)'s Home Access Account. Parent's need to have registered for the Home Access Center in order to schedule the conference. See the attachment for directions on how to register for the Home Access Center. Directions on how to schedule the Parent/Teacher conferences are attached. Please feel free to contact the main office with any questions.
HAPPENINGS AT BROOKDALE:
• As many of you know, Mr. Tabisz is awaiting the birth of his fourth child later this month. While Mr. Tabisz is home caring for his new baby, wife and family, we will have Mr. Scott Morgan as our Long-Term PE Substitute Teacher. Mr. Morgan is very familiar with Brookdale school and students as he has been our Long-Term PE Substitute Teacher the past two years for Mr. Tabisz. This week, Mr. Tabisz and Mr. Morgan will work together as part of this transition for the upcoming leave. We welcome Mr. Morgan and are excited for Mr. Tabisz as he welcomes his newest addition to his family!
• Calling all United States Veterans or current military personnel!!! Brookdale Elementary School staff and students would like to invite family members who are Veterans or current United States military members to an assembly honoring our men and women of the United States Armed Forces. The assembly will be Monday, November 11th at 9:45 a.m. in the Brookdale gymnasium. The assembly is for 3rd-5th grade studentsâ€” if you are a US Veteran and current military personnel and your student is younger than 3rd grade, he/she is welcome to attend the assembly with youâ€” please get teacher permission. We are looking for speakers for this assembly. Please let us know if you or another military veteran/personnel is interested in speaking for 5-10 minutes and answer some questions. We ask veterans and military personnel interested in attending our assembly to Click here in order to fill out a brief Google Survey by Friday, November 1. Please feel free to contact Mrs. Ouellette with any questions.
• Please know, the parking lot is restricted to only buses, day care vans and carpools during the times of 8:40am to 9:15am and 3:15pm to 3:45pm. We appreciate everyone following this expectation.
• The first bell each morning rings at 8:50am (9:00am on Wednesday). This bell is when students can enter the building, The second bell rings at 9:05am (9:15am on Wednesday). Students need to be in their classrooms at this bellâ€” otherwise, they are marked tardy. Please plan your mornings accordingly.
• Follow Brookdale School @BrookdaleBobcat and Brookdale LMC @brookdalelmc on Twitter . We use #Brookdalepride to show all the fun and cool things going on at Brookdale Elementary and the community!
WHAT'S HAPPENING THIS WEEK:
Monday, November 4
• Second Grade Book Club in LMC - 8:00am to 8:50am
• Band and Orchestra Prelude Assembly for Fifth Graders - during the school day
• Erin's Law Presentations to all First Grade Classrooms (1 of 2 lessons) - during the school day
Tuesday, November 5
• Field Trip for First Graders to Planetarium - during the school day
• Prelude Lessons begin during Music class for all Fifth Grade classes (continues through the next two weeks)
• Erin's Law Presentation to all 2nd grade classrooms - during the school day
Wednesday, November 6
• Late Start - First bell rings at 9:00am with tardy bell ringing at 9:15am
• Erin's Law Presentations to all First Grade Classrooms (2 of 2 lessons) - during the school day
• Brookdale Buddies - 3:40pm to 4:30pm
• Chess Club - 3:40pm to 4:30pm
Thursday, November 7
• Chorus Practice - 7:50am to 8:50am
• Third Grade's "Learn Not to Burn" program - during the school day
Friday, November 8
• Busy Bobcat Store - 8:30am to 9:05am
• PTA World Cultural Fair - 6:30pm to 8:30pm
DATES TO REMEMBER:
• Nov 11 - Brookdale's Veteran's Day Assembly (for grades 3, 4, and 5) - during the school day
• Nov 12 - PTA General Meeting - 7:00pm
• Nov 14 - PTA Basketball Night - 6:30pm to 8:00pm
• Nov 21 - Parent/Teacher Conferences - 4:30pm to 8:00pm
• Nov 25 - NO SCHOOL for Students
• Nov 25 - Parent/Teacher Conferences - 8:00am to 3:00pm and 4:30pm to 8:00pm
• Nov 26-29 - NO SCHOOL - Thanksgiving Break
• Dec 11 - Winter Chorus Program - 7:00pm
• Dec 20 - PTA Winter Party - 2:30pm to 3:20pm
• Dec 20 - End of Second Quarter
• Dec 23 - Jan 3 - Winter Break
• Jan 6 - NO SCHOOL for STUDENTS - School Improvement Day
• Jan 7 - Classes resume for students
HAC Claim Account (
Parent-Teacher Conference Sign-Up Directions (