Principal Update October 21, 2019
DATE October 20, 2019
Did you know??
Indian Prairie School District 204 will engage in e-Learning days in the event school is cancelled due to extreme winter weather or extreme snowfall. e-Learning days are district-wide days that shall permit student instruction to be received electronically while students are not physically present in lieu of the district's scheduled emergency days. The purpose of e-Learning days are:
to create surety around the school calendar and the end of the school year.
for a continuity of instruction over an emergency day.
to model learning opportunities that can happen anywhere, anytime.
to Social-Emotional Learning (SEL) outcomes of Self-Management and
Responsible Decision Making.
to Portrait of a Graduate strands of Flexibility & Adaptability and Communication.
learning related to digital tools to provide students ownership and advocacy.
Communication about e-Learning Days will occur in the evening prior to the emergency day. Teachers will share with students in advance where e-Learning activities/information can be accessed. For students in second through fifth grades, teachers will post this information by the start of the school day, which is 9:05am. For students in kindergarten and first grades, teachers will send home the e-Learning activities/information prior the the extreme winter weather. This information should be stored in a secure location by parents to be used for e-Learning days ONLY. Students without access to internet will be provided with materials either before or after depending on the time of notification. Should you have any questions, please reach out to your child's teacher.
HAPPENINGS AT BROOKDALE:
• Teaching Assistant Recruitment: Do you have a Bachelor's Degree? Or an Associate's Degree? Or 60 semester hours of college coursework? You could be a Teaching Assistant with District 204. Teaching Assistants are perfect if you want to work full-time school hours and receive benefits. The District is now accepting applications, screening applicants and hiring individuals to start right away. To learn more about becoming a teacher assistant click here or click here to apply now.
• Calling all United States Veterans or current military personnel!!! Brookdale Elementary School staff and students would like to invite family members who are Veterans or current United States military members to an assembly honoring our men and women of the United States Armed Forces. The assembly will be Monday, November 11th at 9:45 a.m. in the Brookdale gymnasium. The assembly is for 3rd-5th grade studentsâ€” if you are a US Veteran and current military personnel and your student is younger than 3rd grade, he/she is welcome to attend the assembly with youâ€” please get teacher permission. We are looking for speakers for this assembly. Please let us know if you or another military veteran/personnel is interested in speaking for 5-10 minutes and answer some questions. We ask veterans and military personnel interested in attending our assembly to Click here in order to fill out a brief Google Survey by Friday, November 1. Please feel free to contact Mrs. Ouellette with any questions.
• BOX TOPS is now digital so we have an app for that AND Brookdale PTA receives DOUBLE $$ when you use the app and scan your receipt within 14 days of purchase BUT WAIT... there are still plenty of box tops on products that can be clipped and sent into the school. The PALS club along with the box top coordinator will ensure that your box tops are submitted for even more $$! For more information about what BOX TOPS is and how it helps our school, please Click here.
• Please know, the parking lot is restricted to only buses, day care vans and carpools during the times of 8:40am to 9:15am and 3:15pm to 3:45pm. We appreciate everyone following this expectation.
• The first bell each morning rings at 8:50am (9:00am on Wednesday). This bell is when students can enter the building, The second bell rings at 9:05am (9:15am on Wednesday). Students need to be in their classrooms at this bellâ€” otherwise, they are marked tardy. Please plan your mornings accordingly.
• Follow Brookdale School @BrookdaleBobcat and Brookdale LMC @brookdalelmc on Twitter . We use #Brookdalepride to show all the fun and cool things going on at Brookdale Elementary and the community!
WHAT'S HAPPENING THIS WEEK:
Monday, October 21
• Brookdale Beautifying Club - 3:40pm to 4:30pm
Tuesday, October 22
• Picture Retake Day - 8:30am to 11:30am
Wednesday, October 23
• Late Start - First bell rings at 9:00am with tardy bell ringing at 9:15am
• Brookdale Chess Club - 3:40pm to 4:30pm
Thursday, October 24
• Chorus Practice - 7:50am to 8:50am
Friday, October 25
• Report Cards posted to Home Access Center (HAC) - 4:00pm
DATES TO REMEMBER:
• Oct 31 - PTA Fall Party - 2:30pm to 3:20pm
• Nov 8 - PTA World Cultural Fair - 6:30pm to 8:30pm
• Nov 11 - Brookdale's Veteran's Day Assembly (for grades 3, 4, and 5) - during the school day
• Nov 12 - PTA General Meeting - 7:00pm
• Nov 21 - Parent/Teacher Conferences - 4:30pm to 8:00pm
• Nov 25 - NO SCHOOL for Students
• Nov 25 - Parent/Teacher Conferences - 8:00am to 3:00pm and 4:30pm to 8:00pm
• Nov 26-29 - NO SCHOOL - Thanksgiving Break