Principal Update October 13, 2019
DATE October 13, 2019
Did you know??
We have 13 people running in the Naperville Half-Marathon/5K Run on Sunday, October 20, 2019.....All 13 runners have committed to raising at least $204 dollars for TEAM IPEF - half of which comes back to Brookdale School!!! IPEF (Indian Prairie Education Foundation) provides funding and programs to enhance our schools and the student experiences. Ways they have supported Brookdale can be seen by the Brookdale Bench in the front of the school, the wood flag hanging in the gym, many of the items purchased for the Maker Space, the Brookdale Rock Path, to name a few. This week, the Bubblegum Fundraiser helped each runner meet their goal of raising $204. Thank you for allowing your child to be a part of our Bubble Gum fundraiser!
Our Brookdale Team IPEF runners are: Mrs. Baldwin, Ms. Iwinski, Ms. Langekamp, Ms. Luka, Mrs. Oliver, Mrs. Perotti, Mr. Sapoznik, Mrs. Supel, Mrs. Walsh, Mr. Walsh (Spouse), Mrs. Wegrzyn, Mr. Wegrzyn (Spouse), Mrs. Yonan (Parent)
HAPPENINGS AT BROOKDALE:
• Teaching Assistant Recruitment: Do you have a Bachelor's Degree? Or an Associate's Degree? Or 60 semester hours of college coursework? You could be a Teaching Assistant with District 204. Teaching Assistants are perfect if you want to work full-time school hours and receive benefits. The District is now accepting applications, screening applicants and hiring individuals to start right away. To learn more about becoming a teacher assistant click here or click here to apply now.
• Brookdale School is proud to present WEDNESDAY NIGHT LIGHTS #204READS. Please join us on Wednesday Oct 16th from 6:30-8:00 for Brookdale’s Annual Family Reading Night! Enjoy complementary concessions, guest readers, a photo booth, crafts and a free book for students and parents! Wear you favorite team jersey and join in the fun which starts promptly at 6:30. Please RSVP through this link.
• Calling all United States Veterans or current military personnel!!! Brookdale Elementary School staff and students would like to invite family members who are Veterans or current United States military members to an assembly honoring our men and women of the United States Armed Forces. The assembly will be Monday, November 11th at 9:45 a.m. in the Brookdale gymnasium. The assembly is for 3rd-5th grade studentsâ€” if you are a US Veteran and current military personnel and your student is younger than 3rd grade, he/she is welcome to attend the assembly with youâ€” please get teacher permission. We are looking for speakers for this assembly. Please let us know if you or another military veteran/personnel is interested in speaking for 5-10 minutes and answer some questions. We ask veterans and military personnel interested in attending our assembly to Click here in order to fill out a brief Google Survey by Friday, November 1. Please feel free to contact Mrs. Ouellette with any questions.
• Please know, the parking lot is restricted to only buses, day care vans and carpools during the times of 8:40am to 9:15am and 3:15pm to 3:45pm. We appreciate everyone following this expectation.
• The first bell each morning rings at 8:50am (9:00am on Wednesday). This bell is when students can enter the building, The second bell rings at 9:05am (9:15am on Wednesday). Students need to be in their classrooms at this bellâ€” otherwise, they are marked tardy. Please plan your mornings accordingly.
• Follow Brookdale School @BrookdaleBobcat and Brookdale LMC @brookdalelmc on Twitter . We use #Brookdalepride to show all the fun and cool things going on at Brookdale Elementary and the community!
WHAT'S HAPPENING THIS WEEK:
Monday, October 14
• NO SCHOOL - Columbus Day
Tuesday, October 15
• Third Grade "Learn Not to Burn Program" - Naperville Fire Department - during the school day
• Author Visit by Liesl Shurtliff (for grades 3, 4 and 5) - during the school day
Wednesday, October 16
• Late Start - First bell rings at 9:00am with tardy bell ringing at 9:15am
• Family Reading Night (an event for all Brookdale students and families)- 6:30pm to 8:00pm
Thursday, October 17
• Chorus Practice - 7:50am to 8:50am
Friday, October 18
• End of First Quarter
• Fifth Grade Tech Club - 8:00am to 8:50am
• Men of Brookdale - during recess and lunch
• Girl's Running Club - 3:40pm to 4:30pm
DATES TO REMEMBER:
• Oct 22 - Picture Retake Day
• Oct 25 - Report Cards posted to Home Access Center (HAC) - 4:00pm
• Oct 31 - PTA Fall Party - 2:30pm to 3:20pm
• Nov 8 - PTA World Cultural Fair - 6:30pm to 8:30pm
• Nov 11 - Brookdale's Veteran's Day Assembly (for grades 3, 4, and 5) - during the school day
• Nov 12 - PTA General Meeting - 7:00pm
• Nov 21 - Parent/Teacher Conferences - 4:30pm to 8:00pm
• Nov 25 - NO SCHOOL for Students
• Nov 25 - Parent/Teacher Conferences - 8:00am to 3:00pm and 4:30pm to 8:00pm
• Nov 26-29 - NO SCHOOL - Thanksgiving Break