Principal Update August 25, 2019
DATE August 25, 2019
HAPPENINGS AT BROOKDALE:
• Students ages 5-13 have the chance to set big goals, make healthy choices and represent their school as part of the Annual Naperville Kids Marathon Charity Partner Program. Every student runs 25 miles, one mile at a time, between sign-up and race day and keeps track on an individual mileage log. Students run the final 1.2 miles of their marathon at Neuqua Valley High School on October 19, 2019. Each Team IPEF kids charity runner makes a $26 donation ($1 for every mile). Half of those funds go to the school they represent and the other half helps to support district wide initiatives made possible by the Indian Prairie Educational Foundation. The last day to sign up for the Kids Marathon is September 9, 2019.
• It was so nice to see so many join us for our Curriculum Night on Wednesday, August 21. We hope you received helpful information and all your questions were answered. Please feel free to reach out to your child's teacher with any additional questions or concerns.
• We appreciate all who are following our new car rider lane procedure. Please make sure to communicate the procedure to all who pick up your child - grandparents, families, older siblings. This really helps to make sure we have a safe process for all involved.
• Please remember, the parking lot is restricted to only buses, day care vans and carpools during the times of 8:40am to 9:15am and 3:15pm to 3:45pm. We appreciate everyone following this expectation.
• Carpool option is available to all who have at least four Brookdale students in their car. We only have slots for 8 carpools. If you receive a carpool number, you can bypass the car rider lane on Redfield and enter through the parking lot (with buses and day care vans). Please complete the attached application and return to the school office to apply. We will confirm once a number has been assigned to your carpool.
• As children arrive to school as walkers or car riders, they are to enter the building from the playground through either Door #10 or #9, whichever is closest to the direction they are coming from. Students who are walkers or car riders are dismissed as follows: Door #10 for KDG and First. Door #9 for Second and Third. Door #8 for Fourth and Fifth. All bus riders, carpoolers and day care van riders enter and exit at Door #2 with supervising staff at all doorways.
• Follow Brookdale School on Twitter @BrookdaleBobcat. We use #Brookdalepride to show all the fun and cool things going on at Brookdale Elementary and the community!
WHAT'S HAPPENING THIS WEEK:
Monday, August 26
• Typical day at Brookdale
Tuesday, August 27
• PTA Classroom Coordinator Meeting - 7:00pm
Wednesday, August 28
• Late Start - First bell rings at 9:00am with tardy bell ringing at 9:15am
Thursday, August 29
• Typical Day at Brookdale
Friday, August 30
• Typical Day at Brookdale
DATES TO REMEMBER:
• Sept 2 – NO SCHOOL – Labor Day
• Sept 3 – NO SCHOOL for STUDENTS – Teacher Institute Day
• Sept 4 – School Picture day – envelopes for ordering will come home with students
• Sept 6 – Spirit Day - Wear your Brookdale Spirit Wear OR Blue/Yellow
• Sept 18 – PTA Meeting 7:00pm
• Sept 19 – PTA Fun Run Kick-off - in school
• Sept 23 – Bus Evacuation Drill – 9:30-11am
• Oct 3 – PTA Fun Run
Car Rider Notice (
Brookdale Car Rider Map (
Carpool Application (