Principal Update July 22, 2019
DATE July 22, 2019
HAPPENINGS AT BROOKDALE:
• Public Acts 91-0099 and 91-0525 mandate Integrated Pest Management (IPM) for Illinois public schools. IPM manages pest damage with the least possible hazard to people, property and the environmentâ€” including judicious use of pesticides. In this context, “pesticide” includes insecticide, herbicide, rodenticide, and fungicide.
Please be aware that on Friday, July 26, 2019, weather permitting, a weed control application will be applied to the mulched areas including the courtyards, fenced areas (inside cooling tower, chiller and cell tower fences), fence lines (athletic fields) and bleacher pads at Brookdale Elementary. This application will be a “Pre-Emergent and Spot Treatment”. We match herbicide and application procedures to our school environment. All are approved for school use, and are an important part of buildings and grounds maintenance. Typically, this application will not present a health concern to students or staff. However, it is the intent of IPM to allow those with special sensitivity to take appropriate precautions: in the case of children, as determined by a parent or guardian. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact Building and Grounds at (630)428-6580.
• Please note our office will be closed on Monday, July 29, 2019 from 12:00pm until the end of day due to staff trainings.
• During the summer months, the school office will be open from 9:00am to 3:00pm Monday through Thursday. We will be closed every Friday through August. If you need to come to the office outside of these times, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to make appropriate arrangements as necessary and needed.
• We have 73% of our families registered. If you haven't yet, please put this on your to-do list soon so we are prepared and ready for the start of school. The first and simplest step is to complete your online registration information through Home Access Center. Feel free to send in your paperwork (health card, fee statement, and arrival/departure form) after completing online registration to the office with your child. If you need to send in proofs of residency, we ask you visit the office or send documents via email to Mrs. Minch or Mrs Fiala. Please call us with any questions.
• Follow Brookdale School on Twitter @BrookdaleBobcat. We use #Brookdalepride to show all the fun and cool things going on at Brookdale Elementary and the community!
DATES TO REMEMBER:
• Monday, August 12, 2019 - Summer Checkout in LMC - 9:30am to 11:00am
• Monday, August 12, 2019 - Chromebook Deployment for incoming 2nd Graders and New-to-Brookdale 3rd-5th Graders - 11:15am to 11:45am AND 5:30pm to 6:00pm
• Monday, August 12, 2019 - Teacher Assignments posted to HAC at 4pm
• Monday, August 12, 2019 - New-to-Brookdale Orientation - 6:00pm to 7:00pm
• Tuesday, August 13, 2019 - District 204 Annual Support Services Kindergarten Day - Still MS - 9:00am to 11:30am AND 1:30pm to 4:00pm (see attached flier for more information)
• Wednesday, August 14, 2019 - Brookdale's Meet and Greet - 9:30am to 10:00am
• Wednesday, August 14, 2019 - Brookdale's Ice-Cream Social - 9:45am to 10:15am
• Monday, August 19, 2019 - First Day of School for all First through Fifth Grade Students
• Monday, August 19, 2019 - Kindergarten Orientation with Class Teachers - by appointment only (for Parents and Students to attend)
• Tuesday, August 20, 2019 - First Full Day of School for all Kindergarten Students
Kindergarten Preview Flyer 2019 (