Principal Update June 9, 2019
DATE June 9, 2019
HAPPENINGS AT BROOKDALE:
• During the summer months, the school office will be open from 9:00am to 3:00pm Monday through Thursday. We will be closed every Friday through August. If you need to come to the office outside of these times, please send an email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to make appropriate arrangements as necessary and needed.
• Have you begun registration for your child(ren)? At this time, we have 70% of our families registered. The first and simplest step is to complete your online registration information through Home Access Center. Feel free to send in your paperwork (health card, fee statement, and arrival/departure form) after completing online registration to the office with your child. If you need to send in proofs of residency, we ask you visit the office or send documents via email to Mrs. Minch or Mrs Fiala. Please call us with any questions.
• Beginning June 9, you will receive a Principal Update every three weeks. Please know that out-going fifth graders will remain on the email list until the system is "rolled-over" to the School Year of 19-20. This will occur at the beginning of July 2019.
• Registration is now open for students to represent our school as a charity hero with Team IPEF in the Naperville Kids Marathon next fall. Students must be between the ages of 5-13 on race day, and commit to running/walking 25 miles (one mile at a time) between now and October 18 and track their miles. On Saturday, October 19, they run/walk the final 1.2 miles at Neuqua Valley High School and will enjoy a wonderful celebration of accomplishment. All participants receive a shirt and finisher medal. Register at this link and select our school for your student to represent.
• Join the Metea Valley Dance Team for a Mini Mustang Dance Clinic. This clinic is offered to students in grades 1st through 8th on Thursday, June 27, 2019 from 9:00am to 12:15pm. For more information on how to register, please see attached flier.
• Follow Brookdale School on Twitter @BrookdaleBobcat. We use #Brookdalepride to show all the fun and cool things going on at Brookdale Elementary and the community!
DATES TO REMEMBER:
• Monday, June 24, 2019 - Summer Checkout in LMC - 9:30am to 11:00am
• Monday, July 22, 2019 - Summer Checkout in LMC - 9:30am to 11:00am
• Monday, August 12, 2019 - Summer Checkout in LMC - 9:30am to 11:00am
• Monday, August 12, 2019 - Chromebook Deployment for incoming 2nd Graders and New-to-Brookdale 3rd-5th Graders - 11:15am to 11:45am AND 5:30pm to 6:00pm
• Monday, August 12, 2019 - New-to-Brookdale Orientation - 6:00pm to 7:00pm
• Tuesday, August 13, 2019 - District 204 Annual Support Services Kindergarten Day - Still MS - 9:00am to 11:30am AND 1:30pm to 4:00pm (see attached flier for more information)
• Wednesday, August 14, 2019 - Brookdale's Meet and Greet - 9:30am to 10:00am
• Wednesday, August 14, 2019 - Brookdale's Ice-Cream Social - 9:45am to 10:15am
• Monday, August 19, 2019 - First Day of School for all First through Fifth Grade Students
• Monday, August 19, 2019 - Kindergarten Orientation with Class Teachers - by appointment only (for Parents and Students to attend)
• Tuesday, August 20, 2019 - First Full Day of School for all Kindergarten Students
Kindergarten Preview Flyer 2019 (
Hosted by Metea Valley Dance Team (