Principal Update June 3, 2019
DATE June 2, 2019
HAPPENINGS AT BROOKDALE:
• Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! to all of our Brookdale students and families who donated to our DYE YOUR HAIR contest. In the end, we raised a total of $991.62 for Brookdale's Team IPEF. Mr. Schumann was the winner and he will have GREEN hair all this week! He raised $503.14!!! Wow! Wow! Wow! Mr. Tabisz gave the challenge of raising $250 and he will dye his hair. Well, we did that!!!! So Mr. Tabisz will have PINK hair all week! Half of all money raised goes to IPEF to support programs district-wide and the other half comes back to BROOKDALE!
• Beginning the week of June 10, the school office will be open from 9:00am to 3:00pm Monday through Thursday. We will be closed every Friday through August. If you need to come to the office outside of these times, please send an email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to make appropriate arrangements as necessary and needed.
• Beginning June 9, you will receive a Principal Update every three weeks. Please know that out-going fifth graders will remain on the email list until the system is "rolled-over" to the School Year of 19-20. This will occur at the beginning of July 2019.
• All Chromebooks and their chargers were collected last week. Each Chromebook is labeled with the student's name so they receive the same CB next year. If your child is moving to middle school, they will receive a brand-new Chromebook there. All returning 3rd through 5th grade students will receive their CBs back on the first day of school. We will hold a distribution day/night on Monday, August 12 for all 2019-20 Second Graders and new students in grades 3rd-5th.
• Per District protocol, all medication and supplies kept in the health office must be pick up on the last day of school, Thursday, June 6th. Anything remaining at school not picked up by Friday, June 7th will be disposed of. If your child/ren will be keeping medication in the health office during the 2019-2020 school year, new physician orders will be required. Please contact Nurse Lynn should you have any questions/concerns.
• Registration is now open for students to represent our school as a charity hero with Team IPEF in the Naperville Kids Marathon next fall. Students must be between the ages of 5-13 on race day, and commit to running/walking 25 miles (one mile at a time) between now and October 18 and track their miles. On Saturday, October 19, they run/walk the final 1.2 miles at Neuqua Valley High School and will enjoy a wonderful celebration of accomplishment. All participants receive a shirt and finisher medal. Register at this link and select our school for your student to represent.
• Have you begun registration for your child(ren)? At this time, we have 70% of our families registered. The first and simplest step is to complete your online registration information through Home Access Center. Feel free to send in your paperwork (health card, fee statement, and arrival/departure form) after completing online registration to the office with your child. If you need to send in proofs of residency, we ask you visit the office or send documents via email to Mrs. Minch or Mrs Fiala. Please call us with any questions.
• After completing your on-line registration, you will receive an email saying your submission is accepted, pending or denied. If your submission is pending or denied, you will need to go back into Home Access Center and fix the errors or missing information as indicated in the email. Your child is not considered fully registered until you receive an accepted email from the district. We appreciate families to watch for this email and follow the directions as indicated, if necessary.
• Follow Brookdale School on Twitter @BrookdaleBobcat. We use #Brookdalepride to show all the fun and cool things going on at Brookdale Elementary and the community!
SCHEDULE FOR THE UPCOMING WEEK:
Monday, June 3, 2019
• Team IPEF Chipotle Night Fundraiser - 4:00pm to 7:00pm
Tuesday, June 4, 2019
• Fourth Grade Portfolio Parties - During the school day
Wednesday, June 5, 2019
• Late Start Day - First bell rings at 9:00amâ€” Tardy bell rings at 9:15am
• Fifth Grade Civil War Days - During the school day
• Kindergarten Celebration Picnic - 1:15pm to 3:00pm
Thursday, June 6, 2019
• Last day of school for students (this is a full day of school)
• Third Grade End of Year Picnic - 9:30am to 11:00am
• Fifth Grade Social - 10:00am to 3:00pm
Friday, June 7, 2019
• Teacher Work Day
DATES TO REMEMBER:
• Monday, June 24, 2019 - Summer Checkout in LMC - 9:30am to 11:00am
• Monday, July 22, 2019 - Summer Checkout in LMC - 9:30am to 11:00am
• Monday, August 12, 2019 - Summer Checkout in LMC - 9:30am to 11:00am
• Monday, August 12, 2019 - Chromebook Deployment for incoming 2nd Graders and New-to-Brookdale 3rd-5th Graders - 11:15am to 11:45am AND 5:30pm to 6:00pm
• Monday, August 12, 2019 - New-to-Brookdale Orientation - 6:00pm to 7:00pm
• Tuesday, August 13, 2019 - District 204 Annual Support Services Kindergarten Day - Still MS - 9:00am to 11:30am AND 1:30pm to 4:00pm (see attached flier for more information)
• Wednesday, August 14, 2019 - Brookdale's Meet and Greet - 9:30am to 10:00am
• Wednesday, August 14, 2019 - Brookdale's Ice-Cream Social - 9:45am to 10:15am
• Monday, August 19, 2019 - First Day of School for all First through Fifth Grade Students
• Monday, August 19, 2019 - Kindergarten Orientation with Class Teachers - by appointment only (for Parents and Students to attend)
• Tuesday, August 20, 2019 - First Full Day of School for all Kindergarten Students
Kindergarten Preview Flyer 2019 (