Principal Update December 23, 2018
DATE December 23, 2018
HAPPENINGS AT BROOKDALE:
• We will be on break until Tuesday, January 8, 2019. That will be the first day back for students. Please know the school office will be closed all of break with the exception of Thursday, January 3 and Friday, January 4. These two days, our office will be open from 10:00am to 2:00pm.
• The next Principal's Update will be sent on January 6, 2019.
• Parents, students and teachers across Illinois will once again have an opportunity to participate in the annual statewide Illinois 5Essentials Survey. This survey is designed to generate a detailed picture of the inner workings of your child’s school as it relates to the important elements of school effectiveness. On behalf of the Illinois State Board of Education, the Illinois 5Essentials Survey will be administered online by the University of Chicago. All survey responses will be kept confidential. The state will provide survey results for individual schools only if a school has at least 20 percent of parents take the survey. As of Friday, we have 26% of our parents (132 total) who have completed the survey. I would LOVE to get to 50% of our parents - that would be 253 parents!!! If you have children attending more than one school, we ask that you complete the survey for each school.
To take this short survey:
1. Visit this link
2. Type and select “DuPage” as "County." (The county is the location of the school district's main office.)
3. Type your school's name into the "School" field and select your school.
The Illinois 5Essentials Survey identifies five indicators that can lead to important student outcomes, including test score gains. Research has shown that schools strong on these indicators are ten times more likely to improve student learning. The five indicators that effect school success are effective leaders, collaborative teachers, involved families, supportive environments, and ambitious instruction. Parents will have until January to participate in the survey.
• Follow Brookdale School on Twitter @BrookdaleBobcat. We use #Brookdalepride to show all the fun and cool things going on at Brookdale Elementary and the community!
DATES TO REMEMBER:
• Monday, December 24 through Friday, January 4, 2019 - NO SCHOOL - Winter Break
• Monday, January 7, 2019 - NO SCHOOL - Teacher Institute Day
• Tuesday, January 8, 2019 - Students Return to School after Winter Break
• Friday, January 11, 2019 - Report Cards Open in Home Access Center - 4:00pm
• Monday, January 21, 2019 - NO SCHOOL - Martin Luther King, Jr Birthday
• Thursday, January 31, 2019 - Fifth Grade Group Picture and Club Pictures - 9:00am to 11:30am
• Wednesay, February 6, 2019 - Open House (for all families and students) - 6:30pm to 8:00pm
• Tuesday, February 19, 2019 - Brainiacs Displays (throughout the week)
• Friday, February 22, 2019 - PTA STEM Night - 6:30pm to 8:30pm