Principal Update October 21, 2018
HAPPENINGS AT BROOKDALE:
• It has come to the school's attention, individuals are taking rocks from the Rock Path - individually painted rocks. We ask parents and families to encourage students and others to keep the rocks (especially the painted rocks) in our path. We are working on finishing up the project in the next few weeks and will finalize the path. This is a special and unique project created by our Second-Grade teacher, Mrs. Walsh and sponsored by Indian Prairie Education Foundation. We appreciate everyone’s support and respect of this unique project.
• The Parent Diversity Advisory Council (PDAC) will host its first meeting of the school year on Tuesday, October 23rd, 7:00-9:00 pm, at Crouse Education Center, 780 Shoreline Drive, Aurora. The topic of the meeting is: Parent Engagement: Communication and Advocacy. For PDAC meeting dates, please access the PDAC Calendar or PDAC subpage for more information.
• Parents are encouraged to sign up for Parent/Teacher Conferences through the Home Access Center (HAC). You will find a link for Power PTC. Please know that once you hit the link for POWER PTC, you need to use the SAME login and password as our HAC account. DO NOT USE last year's POWER PTC information. Power PTC will be closed to all parents on Friday, October 26th for conference scheduling
• One of our Brookdale parents, Gina Secrist, creates the Teal Pumpkin Project map for the Brookdale area. The Teal Pumpkin Project raises awareness of food allergies and promotes inclusion for all trick-or-treaters throughout the Halloween season. If you would like your address to be included on the map for this Halloween season, please send information to firstname.lastname@example.org. This year's map can be viewed at tinyurl.com/2018Brookdale.
• Calling all United States Veterans or Military Personnel... the Brookdale Veterans' Day Assembly will be held on Friday, November 9th from 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. in the gym. The Third, Fourth and Fifth grade students and staff of Brookdale Elementary School would like to invite U.S. Veterans or active military who are family members of any Brookdale student or staff member to the assembly. If you know of or are a Veteran or current military member and would like to attend the assembly, please fill out this Google Survey by Friday, November 2. If you have questions, please feel free to contact Mrs. Ouellette at email@example.com.
• On Friday, October 26, student report cards will be posted on the Home Access Center (HAC) after 4:00pm. In order to view the report card, parents need to have set up the HAC account. Directions are attached on how to do this. If you need assistance, please contact Mrs. Minch or Mrs. Fiala in the main office.
• ELL report cards will also be available in the Home Access Center this school year (beginning October 26). They will be located in the “Grades” tab, along with the district report card.
• Follow Brookdale School on Twitter @BrookdaleBobcat. We use #Brookdalepride to show all the fun and cool things going on at Brookdale Elementary and the community!
SCHEDULE FOR THE UPCOMING WEEK:
Monday, October 22, 2018
• Chorus Practice - 7:50am to 8:50am
• FUN RUN Assembly on Matt Wilhelm - during school day
Tuesday, October 23, 2018
• Picture Retake Day - 9:00am to 11:30am
• Box Top Club for 5th Graders - during school day
Wednesday, October 24, 2018
• Late Start Wednesday - first bell rings at 9:00amâ€” all students to be in their classroom by 9:15am
Thursday, October 25, 2018
• First Grade Field Trip to the WVHS Planetarium - during school day
• Brookdale Buddies Program - 3:40pm to 4:30pm
Friday, October 26, 2018
• Fifth Grade Tech Club - 8:00am to 8:50am
• Ruth Spiro Author Visit for K-2nd Grade students - during school day
• Girl'â€”s Running Club - 3:40pm to 4:30pm
• Report Cards open in HAC at 4:00pm
DATES TO REMEMBER:
• Wednesday, October 31 - PTA Fall Party - 2:30pm to 3:20pm
• Thursday, November 1 - Parent/Teacher Conferences - 4:30pm to 8:00pm
• Monday, November 5 - NO SCHOOL for Students - Parent/Teacher Conferences - 8:00am to 3:00pm and 4:30pm to 8:00pm
• Tuesday, November 6 - NO SCHOOL - Election Day
• Thursday, November 8 - PTA General Meeting - 7:00pm
• Friday, November 16 - PTA World at Brookdale event (Open for all Brookdale students and families)
• Saturday, November 17 - PTA Mistletoe Market
• Wednesday, November 21 through Friday, November 23 - NO SCHOOL - Thanksgiving Break
• Wednesday, December 12 - Winter Chorus Program - 7:00pm
• Monday, December 24 through Friday, January 4, 2019 - NO SCHOOL - Winter Break
• Monday, January 7, 2019 - NO SCHOOL - Teacher Institute Day
• Tuesday, January 8, 2019 - Students Return to School after Winter Break
HAC Claim Account (