Principal Update October 14. 2018
DATE October 14, 2018
HAPPENINGS AT BROOKDALE:
• WE DID IT! WE DID IT! Thank you to all of our Brookdale students, parents and staff who supported the PTA with their Fun Run Fundraiser. The students were able to raise just over $9,000!! This means we will be rewarded with the Matt Wilhelm BMX Rider Assembly on Monday, October 22 during the school day! We are very proud of our students for meeting this goal!
• One of our Brookdale parents, Gina Secrist, creates the Teal Pumpkin Project map for the Brookdale area. The Teal Pumpkin Project raises awareness of food allergies and promotes inclusion for all trick-or-treaters throughout the Halloween season. If you would like your address to be included on the map for this Halloween season, please send information to email@example.com. This year's map can be viewed at tinyurl.com/2018Brookdale.
• Calling all United States Veterans or Military Personnel... the Brookdale Veterans' Day Assembly will be held on Friday, November 9th from 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. in the gym. The Third, Fourth and Fifth grade students and staff of Brookdale Elementary School would like to invite U.S. Veterans or active military who are family members of any Brookdale student or staff member to the assembly. If you know of or are a Veteran or current military member and would like to attend the assembly, please fill out this Google Survey by Friday, November 2. If you have questions, please feel free to contact Mrs. Ouellette at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Please join us for Family Reading Night on Wednesday October 17th at 6:30 as we kick off Brookdale’s One Book One School event! A copy of this year’s book The One and Only Ivan will be available for every family and will be distributed on Family Reading Night. Come for a night of reading and activities related to the The One and Only Ivan. Please RSVP here.
• On Friday, October 26, student report cards will be posted on the Home Access Center (HAC) after 4:00pm. In order to view the report card, parents need to have set up the HAC account. Directions are attached on how to do this. If you need assistance, please contact Mrs. Minch or Mrs. Fiala in the main office.
• ELL report cards will also be available in the Home Access Center this school year (beginning October 26). They will be located in the “Grades” tab, along with the district report card.
• Follow Brookdale School on Twitter @BrookdaleBobcat. We use #Brookdalepride to show all the fun and cool things going on at Brookdale Elementary and the community!
SCHEDULE FOR THE UPCOMING WEEK:
Monday, October 15, 2018
• Chorus Practice - 7:50am to 8:50am
Tuesday, October 16, 2018
• Bus Evacuation Drill - during the school day
Wednesday, October 17, 2018
• Late Start Wednesday - first bell rings at 9:00amâ€” all students to be in their classroom by 9:15am
• Chess Club - 3:40pm to 4:30pm
• Family Reading Night - 6:30pm to 8:00pm
Thursday, October 18, 2018
• Brookdale Buddies Program - 3:40pm to 4:30pm
Friday, October 19, 2018
• End of First Quarter
• Men of Brookdale - during recess and lunch
• Girls Running Club - 3:40pm to 4:30pm
DATES TO REMEMBER:
• Tuesday, October 23 - Picture Retake Day - 9:00am to 11:30am
• Friday, October 26 - Report Cards open in HAC at 4:00pm
• Wednesday, October 31 - PTA Fall Party - 2:30pm to 3:20pm
• Thursday, November 1 - Parent/Teacher Conferences - 4:30pm to 8:00pm
• Monday, November 5 - NO SCHOOL for Students - Parent/Teacher Conferences - 8:00am to 3:00pm and 4:30pm to 8:00pm
• Tuesday, November 6 - NO SCHOOL - Election Day
• Thursday, November 8 - PTA General Meeting - 7:00pm
• Friday, November 16 - PTA World at Brookdale event (Open for all Brookdale students and families)
• Saturday, November 17 - PTA Mistletoe Market
• Wednesday, November 21 through Friday, November 23 - NO SCHOOL - Thanksgiving Break
HAC Claim Account (